Animation Rules In June

June 25th, 2012 at 12:26 pm by under The Movie Guru, Uncategorized

This past May of 2012 it was all about The Avengers.  June 2012 would have to go to the ink, the charcoal, the paints, and the CGI that makes up the celluloid imagery that is Movie Animation.  At the begining of the month was saw Dreamworks’ Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted beat out Prometheus and Rock of Ages for the top spot at the Box Office.  Now in comes Disney Pixar Brave - and it has set records being the 13th “Number 1″ opening in a row for the animation powerhouse.  This past weekend Brave & Madagascar 3 took the Number 1 & 2 spots for box office “Big Bucks” – No Whammys here when it comes to delivering a good time at the movies.

Now you ask why are these types of movies always do well – The Answer – KIDS!  It’s Summertime and the kids are out of school on summer vacation.  You have to do something with them … and it’s HOT out there.  A cool movie theater is a great place to be together out of the heat if you can’t get to a pool or the beach.  For us here on the Gulf Coast with T.S. Debby just sitting there adding rough surf making it really not safe to swim right now the movies is a good alternative to entertaining the whole family unit.  One more factor is that Disney Pixar & Dreamworks and other film animators and companies are making films that appeal to the kid at heart that’s in the adults who take their kids to the movies – i.e. all the jokes that characters say in the film that we adults would get but our kids may not fully understand.  They see us laughing so they think it’s funny too and laugh with Mom and Dad.  That’s why comedians do so well voicing these characters.  Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, Ben Stiller, Cedric The Entertainer, just to name a few recent ones on the Big Screen – Animated.

Another major reason they do so well, especially during the Summer Movie Blockbuster Season, is that most R-rated and some PG13-rated films that get released at the same time DON’T appeal to the “kid demographic” which would generate more ticket sales than if you went to those types of movies by yourself if you are 13 years of age and older.  Prime Example …. Myself.  The Movie Guru.  I went to see Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter – based upon the popular novel – and it wasn’t half bad.  But when I went the audience was mostly teenagers and college student there with me because it was a R-rated movie.  Now this week my niece and I are going to see Madagascar 3 and Disney Pixar Brave.  Two Movies – Two Tickets each – in an audience with other parents and their kids …… More Money Spent (and if you see them in 3D ….. WOW!).   And we haven’t even bought the popcorn, nachos, and sodas yet.

June 2012 is almost in the books and the June 29th Movie Showdown will be Magic Mike vs. Ted.  Two more movies that might not be for the “kid demographic”  but are getting big buzz from critics and test audiences and other blogs besides mine.  I’ll give my previews on those film in my next entry.  For now – if Disney Pixar Brave and Madagascar 3 beats out these two new entries this coming weekend – you now know why.

But Get Ready – JULY 2012 is ONLY ONE WEEK AWAY!  Two Superheroes Will Be Battling For Your Box Office Bucks and Vying For The Movie Of The Year Top Spot – Currently Owned By Marvel’s The Avengers.

Will The Amazing Spider-Man or The Dark Knight Rises Claim This Title?  Get Your Web-Shooters and Batarangs Ready For “The Movie Showdown Of The Year“.   Are You “Team Parker” or “Team Wayne”?

I’m Marcus Jackson, The WALA / WFNA Resident Movie Guru.  Have Fun With Your Kids Today!  I’ll See You With My Kids At The Movies!  Disney & Dreamworks Will Thank You For It!

41 Responses to “Animation Rules In June”

1. Its such as you learn my mind! You appear to grasp so much about this, such as you wrote the guide in it or something. I believe that you simply could do with some p.c. to force the message home a bit, however instead of that, this is fantastic blog. A fantastic read. I’ll certainly be back.

2. I am really inspired along with your writing talents and also with the format for your weblog. Is that this a paid subject or did you customize it your self? Anyway stay up the nice high quality writing, it’s rare to peer a nice weblog like this one today..

3. faucet says:

Definitely consider that that you said. Your favourite justification appeared to be on the net the simplest thing to keep in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get irked even as folks think about worries that they plainly don’t recognise about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and also outlined out the whole thing without having side effect , other people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thank you

4. Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It if truth be told was a enjoyment account it. Glance complicated to more added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate?

5. Attorney Personal Injury Las Vegas, Attorney Personal Injury, Lawyer Personal Injury, I commend my lawyer for always taking the time out of his busy schedule to meet me and listen to my insights. http://www.attorneypersonalinjurylasvegas.com

6. I’ll gear this review to 2 types of people: current Zune owners who are considering an upgrade, and people trying to decide between a Zune and an iPod. (There are other players worth considering out there, like the Sony Walkman X, but I hope this gives you enough info to make an informed decision of the Zune vs players other than the iPod line as well.)

7. cars says:

Have you had the experience of looking for a car only
    to end up feeling frustrated and overwhelmed by the process?
    It may be just be the case that you need some solid advice beforehand.
    The information included here can simplify the entire process of purchasing
    a car.

8. Novoline hat viele beliebte Slots in der realen Welt als auch online veröffentlicht. Lord of the Ocean Online spielen ist ein solches Beispiel der Schlitze für Spieler online. Das Spiel ist ganz im Sinne von Grafiken und Animationen erläutert, sind die Klänge und die Lichter einfach fantastisch und hält den Spieler für Stunden beschäftigt.

9. Will The Amazing Spider-Man or The Dark Knight Rises Claim This Title? Get Your Web-Shooters and Batarangs Ready For “The Movie Showdown Of The Year“. Catering Bern Are You “Team Parker” or “Team Wayne”?

10. Marco Kuster says:

In the scene after the credits, what did the other mean when he said “To challenge them is to court death” Küche Schreiner ??

11. vuli says:

nice artilce, nice reading

12. ms2013 says:

well, it could happen…

13. payday2 says:

yes defenetly i will come back.

14. intresting blog man

15. AR AG says:

The third film in the series about wayward zoo animals has collected $717 million in worldwide revenue, according to Box Office Mojo, a film researcher

AR AG

16. Wärmepumpen says:

I enjoyed everything about this movie. If you like fantasy & horror than this is for you! If you like realistic stories and picking movies apart, than perhaps not. It is an “escape from reality” vampire film with fantastic directing, acting, and story line.

17. Movie is adorable and hilarious, the wig falls apart, looks like a clown is shedding in your house.

18. .. and thank you for this information

19. You’re thus neat! I wouldn’t feel We have study something similar to this before. So great to get somebody with some distinctive ideas on this specific issue. Significantly.. thank you for starting this specific way up. This site is one area that’s needed on the net, someone with a little inspiration! centre d’appels offshore

20. don juan says:

nice.. this was an incredibly nice post

21. A rock musical set in Hollywood in the 1980s, when it was all about big chords, big dreams and big hair! Rock of Ages explores the pursuit of dreams and tells its story through hits from iconic groups and rockers of the 1980s.
    Pizza Lieferdienst Zürich

22. visa says:

I love the Avengers thats one of my favorite movies. Surprisingly too if you ask around the majority of adults love pixar movies more than children

23. tks for share.

24. Awesome blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers?
    I’m hoping to start my own site soon but I’m a little lost on everything.

Would you recommend starting with a free platform like
    Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out
    there that I’m completely overwhelmed .. Any tips?
    Appreciate it!

25. thank you for all the information that has been shared in this, this is my first visit and I saw a lot of very useful information here, with me here I know a lot of new things, once again I thank you for this great site

26. was just googleing for some information on the topic and found this blog. Some really awesome stuff you posted here

27. tks for share

let me do it first, review later :)

28. Keep the clothing karma going, I say.
    llblackfridaynow.com

29. If you’re a queen, you’re powerless, so I’d probably demote myself and go shopping.
    999cheapsale.biz

30. loker says:

after my skimming of the article of this blog very informative. I have memborkmark portion of this page for the benefit of the next. thank you

31. Yes…Animation is sweet these days and it will rules the future.
    People who study about watches. they always love to watch commercials that are related to wrist watches on various websites like TV week and in YouTube

32. M8 8LP says:

hello! , I adore your publishing so a lot! write about most of us connect more to do with your site about AOL? I needed a pro during this area to unravel my problem. Probably that is a person! Looking forward to look at you.

33. But about the Frozen movie? I think its best movie of the 2013

34. is this rule true in 2014?

35. umer jhangir says:

thank you very much for this article, It’s realy hlp to me again thank you very much for this article, It’s realy hlp to me

36. Best PC Toys says:

Good Stuff and very helpful ,thanks for the knowledge
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes Cheat Codes

37. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, such as you wrote the book in it or something. I believe that you just could do with some % to power the message home a bit, however other than that, that is magnificent blog. An excellent read. I will certainly be back.

38. Be able to go shopping for a bathing suit and not become depressed afterward.
    Marilyn vos Savant