Send us your pictures and videos!August 26th, 2012 at 10:07 am by Bob Grip under FOX10 News, FOX10 Weather, Uncategorized
Should Isaac come our way, we want to see your pictures and videos! You can e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll use them on the air or on the web.
Some things to remember:
- Safety first. Don’t step outside to get a better shot if there’s a chance you could be in danger (don’t laugh; I have to remind myself of this rule, too
- When you take your picture or shoot video, think “landscape” not “portrait”. To make it easier, think of how an HD screen looks. It’s wider than it is tall. Your pictures will look better on TV and the web.
- When it comes to video, record what we call, “natural sound”. Let us hear what you’re hearing.
- Let us know roughly where you are and when you took it. Put it in the note that goes along with video or picture. “Looking south over Mobile Bay” would be a good example.
- If you’re sending video, shoot for no more than 30 seconds at a time if you can. Long video clips may get compressed (and look bad) or may be too large to be sent over wireless networks.
- Don’t move the camera much, and if you do move, move slowly and smoothly.