She came!

October 21st, 2012 at 11:11 pm by under Sarah Wall - Monday Moms, Uncategorized

Words cannot describe the amount of joy and love that filled my heart when I saw my little girl.  I never knew the human heart could hold so much love.

Baby Phoenix Rae entered the world October 2, 2012.  She weighed 7 pounds and 14 ounces…not too far from the 8.2 pounds the doctors estimated she would weigh.

My husband and I have an amazing 5-year-old son named Sidney.  Phoenix is our second child, but the pregnancy was not planned.  Sure…all of our family members were hoping we would have more than one child, but I had other plans.  I guess God had other plans, too.

They say every pregnancy is different and boy was that the truth for me.  With my son, my pregnancy was pretty easy…I didn’t have any morning sickness, cramping or discomfort.  My biggest complaint was the weight gain.  I believe most women gain between 20-35 pounds.  I packed on 70 pounds!  Seriously, I resembled the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man from the movie, “Ghostbusters.”

This time around I gained 47 pounds, but I was terribly sick.  Quite frankly, I don’t know why they call it “morning sickness.” because for me it was all day, afternoon, and night.  And it wasn’t just nausea but heart burn, too, and nothing provided relief.

Our son was born in Charlotte, NC.  The amount of love and support we had from friends and the community was unexpected and so very kind.  But it’s never easy being away from family.  So this time I decided to have our baby in Michigan, the state my husband and I are both from.

I couldn’t have asked for a better birthing experience.  In fact, the hardest part about my delivery was being away from my son.  For safety reasons, I had to arrive in Michigan three weeks prior to my due date.  That meant being away from my son, so that he wouldn’t miss more than a week of school while we waited for the baby to arrive.  Thank goodness she came early.

Everything went according to plan…my birthing plan that is.  I wanted to see the crowning, so my doctor provided a mirror at the foot of the bed so I could see everything he saw.  Then when my little girl was far enough through the birth canal where I could grab her by the arms, my doctor guided my hands toward her shoulders and I pulled her out and onto my chest.  It was the greatest thrill.  We laid there for what felt like an eternity, but it was probably more like two minutes.  She’s perfect…so sweet, so beautiful, and healthy.

So Why Phoenix?

Several people have asked me why I chose the name Phoenix.  Well, the answer is simple: I love Greek mythology and the Phoenix is a sacred firebird that never dies.  But according to Google.com, the Phoenix is a person or thing regarded as uniquely remarkable in some respect…I like that too.

As I am writing this blog my little bambini is lying next to me.  She looks so peaceful, innocent and strong.  Whether she was a surprise, planned or unplanned – I am so grateful to have her…so eager to see the beautiful, remarkable lady she will become one day.

21 Responses to “She came!”

1. Brittany Hill says:

Awww… I shed tears reading this! She’s BEAUTIFUL!!! And you are to!

2. Paula Green says:

May Gods blessing continue to flow through out ur family. She is a beautiful doll and Mr. Sidney u are a handsome strong big brother.

3. maria says:

She is beautiful Lenise, I miss you on the news and will look forward to your return but will also like to watch this little Phoenix grow up, so keep pics posted of both your children, many Blessings to you and your family.

4. Brittany ,I cried like a baby also reading the post.Congratulations Lenise and Hubby. She is Beautiful. Happy that you both are well. Miss you on the News.

5. Patty Rowe says:

Good job Lenise, and I love your name choice! She’s a doll. Look forward to your return to Mobile, your friend, Patty

6. Judi Sutton says:

Lenise, she’s so beautiful!!! What a precious Blessing from The Lord!!! I have a grandson named Camdon who loves to watch you & he’s the one who told me you had your baby girl. I will be praying for your family & one day after you come back to work I want to bring Camdon to the studio to meet you. He & I met Eric in walmart a few months ago & the first thing he asked him was did he know Lenise Lagon!! Camdon is 10. Judi Sutton

7. Kimberley Clark says:

I am so happy for you and your family Lenise!!! I pray you and your family have the happiest and blessed life together. The best pregnancies are the unplanned ones. I don’t know about health wise, however, you just KNOW this child was meant to be. She is gorgeous, as is her Mom. I can’t wait until you return to the news, but you enjoy every minute you have with your family. Take care and God Bless <3

8. jennifer says:

im so happy for you all. u have a beautiful family and congrats

9. Mikiya Pruitt says:

Congratulations to the Ligon Family on the arrival of your new baby daughter, she is such a beauty. You have a handsome son. May you family continue be Blessed!!!!

10. Maggie says:

I teared up reading this. So happy for y’all! God has blessed y’all with two beautiful babies! Congrats and can’t wait to see you back!

11. Kathy says:

Congratulations!!! She is a doll!!!

12. Lela edwards says:

Congratulations to the Ligon family. Baby Phoenix Rae is another added gift from God.

13. Angela says:

SHE IS A DOLL! WELCOME TO THE WORLD BABY PHOENIX AND CONGRATULATION MRS. LIGON.. YOU GOT ME ALL EMOTIONAL. GOD BLESS YOU FAMILY.

14. congratulation she is beautiful and hope y’all are doing good sure miss you on the

15. Courtney says:

She is beautiful! Congratulations! My first daughter was born on Oct 2. She just turned 3! There is something special about Oct. 2 baby girls ; )

16. Beth Welford says:

She is as pretty as her mom. Loved your story. I have 3 daughters and 5 granddaughters, each special. Can’t wait to see you back, but don’t hurry, spend time with that sweet Phoenix. I love her name.

17. Vasilo Hayat says:

She is absolutely beautiful, as are you and your little boy ! Congratulations on your sweet little angel !!! Miss you on the news, it’s not the same without you

18. SBonner says:

I am inspired reading your blog. I am also happy for you and your family, and the addition of Princess Phoenix. She is absolutely gorgeous, as is the rest of our family! Please contact me because I would like to get your expertise on starting/writing my own blog. Thanks

19. First of all, congratulations:) Secondly, I find no coincidence that you posted this at 11:11! We are talking phoenix symbology now (you can tell from my name I like the name too:). Consider just a small example that the Winter solstice this year is, of course, the rebirth point of the Sun at 12/21/12 and particularly, at 11:11AM:) Many blessings, ROTP

20. Jackie JustlovingmeJones says:

HI LENISE IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND.IM so happy the delivery weng great.
    I WAS GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK AT WORK.IF DIDNT ANYONE DIDN’T MISS YOU.I SURE DID.

21. Hamid Khellafi available on escortguys.ch